Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Island

I mentioned it before, that we are building an island for RP in a Gorean kind, but with enough room for mystical creatures, which is soooooo not "Gorean" and would cause good ol' John Norman pain in the guts and surely will upset or make laugh the oh so "real" Goreans, who take Norman's books as holy bible (did I mention they are really awfully written and damn boring?). But we just don't care. It's Second Life! Why restrict yourself? We have enough restrictions in RL! We could as well have chosen any other combat system, but 1. we are used to the Gorean Meter and 2. we try to combine our Gor-RP with it.

Kenshi, Mick, Brian and Tesa were on travels (holidays) for 10 days and I hoped to get the isle ready in that time. I made much progress, but not as much as I hoped I would. - Too much distraction and I wasn't as much online as usual and after a while the building with it's fast cam-movements made me dizzy. However it becomes a nice place with good (I think) landscaping and some surprises, especially when you wear the Gorean Meter (which is really recommended. For those who are not familiar with RP I'll post some guidelines as soon as the isle is ready).

So, Mick finished the landing-point this week and it became wonderful. I took a picture of him and Teso "welcoming" guests. *heh*:


And Kenshi and Teso already started the RP (part 1 & part 2) which will link our all Gorean life with the life on the island. Not sure yet, how it will continue, but we will find out. I'll keep you up-to-date when the island is ready.

No comments: