Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The plants, the rain and the travel to Thentis - Part 1

We started several storylines yesterday which promise to become funny and exciting. It all started with a travel to Laurius, accompanied by my first boy River, to meet and negotiate with another merchant there. Here's the roleplay [just lightly edited for easier reading]:

River: "Greetings, Master"
Elavil Barrowstone: "Come for some trading?"
Franziskus Ninetails jumps from the sailboat and waits for his boy to tie the boat to the docks. He turns to the stranger at the docks and raises his hand for a greeting: "Tal, Sir"
River looks up at the man in front of him and smiles.
Elavil Barrowstone: "Tal Sir... Tis me El"
Franziskus Ninetails nods "I'm Franziskus, merchant from Kalana Fjord." - He tilts his head a bit, eying the man from head to toe. "Hmmm, you look familiar, El. I think I met you before"
River's smile widens as he slowly recognises the man from the baths the previous day.
Franziskus Ninetails: "And yes, we came for trading goods". He turns for a moment to his boy "Did you get the backpack, mine?"
River: "Yes, my master"
Franziskus Ninetails then turns to El again, patting his money-pouch "I do have some coins to spend!"
River turns slightly so his master can see he has it on his back.
Franziskus Ninetails as his boy got the goods takes the leash from his belt and quickly snaps it into the ring at his slave's collar.
River lifts his chin to make it easier for his master to leash him.
{Elavil crashing and not returning}
Franziskus Ninetails looks over El's shoulder recognizing someone approaching. He narrows his eyes a bit and finally recognizes his old friend Zoe. Raising an arm he waves to him.
Zoe: "Tal, Franz"
Franziskus Ninetails smiles as Zoe comes closer. "Tal, Zoe. We came to see if you have some goods to offer!" - He pats the money-pouch at his belt "I have some coins to spend!"
River sees a pretty looking plant growing by the side of the dock and studies it carefully. He tugs a little at his master's pants to get his attention.
Zoe: "Oh, I do like me coins!"
Franziskus Ninetails waves at his boy as he's tugging at his pants, not taking his eyes off Zoe he shushs at his slave.
Zoe: "Would you like to lag into the tavern for a moment?"
River whispers: "My Master, can I take this for my garden?" He doesnt take his eyes off the little leafy plant.
Franziskus Ninetails smiles even wider and licks his lips "Ah, I could use a good bowl of paga after...." - he frowns for a moment at his boy interrupting him, not paying attention to what he's looking at and hisses "aye.. take it... whatever... but don't interrupt me, mine!", then turns his attention back to Zoe and continues "... the long travel"
Zoe: "Aye well then follow me!"
River smiles widely and mutters "Thank you, my master!", using a little knife he digs the plant out and puts it in his back pack, careful not to hurt the roots.
Zoe: "Careful of the construction"
Franziskus Ninetails yanks at the leash, pulling his boy with him.
{another slave approaches}
River: "Gretings, brother"
Franziskus Ninetails nods at the kneeling slave "Nidan, kajirus"
milo: "Greetings, Master"
{Inside the taverne}
Zoe: "Have a seat, make yourself comfortable"
River kneels as soon as he is inside and waits silently for his master's pleasure.
Zoe: "Mine, two bowls of paga!"
Franziskus Ninetails as they enterned the taverne looks around, then down to his boy. He scowls "Oh look at you! Why do you have such dirty hands, my lil sunshine???"
milo: "Yes Master, two bowls of paga"
River wipes them on his pants, "I got my plant that I asked you for, my Master"
milo moves quickly to the kitchen
Franziskus Ninetails snaps the leash out of his boy's collar and takes off his cloak and bow, to place it on the cushions before he's sitting down, talking and looking puzzled "Plant? What plant, mine?"
River: "The little plant that I showed you my master. I asked if I could put it in my garden." He points to the little package he has tucked in the back of his backpack.
Franziskus Ninetails frowns without an idea what his slave is talking off, but nods anyways "Aye... well... sure.. that plant... Go and wash your hands and see if you can help that other kajirus"
River: "Yes, my Master. Might I put down my bag, my Master?"
Franziskus Ninetails nods to his boy, then turns his attention back to Zoe. He shrugs to his friend with an apologizing smile as if he'd just said 'Slaves!' which would explain it all.
Zoe: "Please excuse the mess, we needed to replace the old building, so everything is in an uproar."
Franziskus Ninetails: "Sooo, business is running well, Zoe?"
milo looks through the new cupboard and finally locates two bowls. Taking a close look he moves over and quickly washes the bowls and drys them. He then pulls a serving platter and places the bowls on it. He then grabs a bottle of paga and with a smooth motion opens the bottle and pours unto the bowls till they are filled with a stingy portion. He corks the bottle and sets it back. He then carefully pocks up the serving tray and slowly moves to the masters.
Franziskus Ninetails looks around "Oh... it looks fine to me"
Zoe: "Oh, it is never a dully moment in Laurius."
Franziskus Ninetails smiles "That's a good thing... I guess"
River places his pack on the floor next to his master then goes over to the pump and washes his hands , drying them on his pants. Then asks the other slave: "Can i help brother?"
Zoe: "And how are things in Hrimgar?"
milo: "I think I have it brother"
River moves [back] closer to his master.
Franziskus Ninetails takes a deep breath "Oh well.... Hrimgar... after the earth-quake we all moved a little bit south close to the forests."
milo slowly sets the serving tray on the floor in front of him to make sure he has a firm grip. He then holds the serving tray with two bowls up arms length toward the masters "Two bowls of paga, Masters"
Zoe: "Ah, so turmoil for you too"
Franziskus Ninetails: "I think I'm not harbormaster anymore, just a simple merchant, minding my own business. Which..." - He smiles bright - "... isn't the worst thing"
River watches as the boy serves the paga and looks at his master for his reaction
Franziskus Ninetails nods as the slave approaches with the paga. He waits for Zoe to take the first bowl before he reaches for the other one.
Zoe takes a bowl and lifts it to his guest "Here's to safe travels!"
Franziskus Ninetails finally takes the other bowl, raises it to Zoe for a cheer "May the urts never leave your barns hungry!", then leads it to his lips to take a small sip.
milo takes 3 steps back and kneels
Franziskus Ninetails grimaces a bit as the bowl doesn't have the body-temperature he likes his paga. He reaches it to his slave, mumbling "Warm it", and turns his attention back to Zoe.
milo smiles to the boy river with a nod
Zoe grins and sips his paga. "No, I would guess the indepence would be good. And business is good?"
River takes the bowl from his master's hands. "Yes, my beloved Master", he whispers. He places the bowl between his thighs and closes them around it, using his body heat to warm the bowl and paga in it. He looks up and see's his master frowning at him and realises his mistake, places the bowl to the side and qickly strips off his pants then kneels back down and places the paga between his thighs once more.
Franziskus Ninetails after a short frown at his boy, turning it into a smile as his slave strips down to warm the bowl between his naked thighs, looks back to Zoe "Aye, business is running good, though not many people are ready to trade" ((wished there would be more "running business" with the GM goods and paying in tavernes with coins and things like that. Everyone just stores his goods in servers, hiding them from traffic))
Zoe: "I have found the same to be true"
River clamps his thighs tight to the goblet, his eyes closed as he tries to guage the length of time to warm it. His heart beats a little faster now he is naked and about to serve his master paga.
Franziskus Ninetails: "So, what do you have to offer these days, my friend?"
[[milo hearing the master complain that his paga was not warm enough figures it was close to boiling setting near the hearth, but remains quiet looking to the floor. Franziskus Ninetails: ((sorry, Milo, but if so, then you should have emoted that. But anyways.. just wanted my boy to strip *winks*)) ]]
Zoe pulls a scroll from his belt and scans the list.
River feeling the goblet reach the right heat lifts it from between his thighs and moves in front of his master, he presses the goblet deep to his belly, then drags it up his body, holding it over his heart for a ihn or two, He then lifts it to his lips kissing the bowl just below the rim before offering it double handed to his master."Your paga, my beloved Master", he whispers,"May it warm and sustain you during your trading"
Zoe: "Are you looking for anything in particular today?"
Franziskus Ninetails while negotiating with Zoe slides a hand into another pouch at his belt. His fingers searching in the pouch while talking... "Hmmm... do you have chains? I guess we need more for the kurii.... or...." - His fingers finally finding what he was searching for, pulling out two sticky, sweet candies "...Candy!". He reaches his hand to the other slave's mouth, holding a sweet candy before his lips, waiting for the slave to open his mouth, while his other hand already reaches for the bowl of paga from his own boy.
Zoe checks his list "Looks like i have plenty of paga, a few bandages, some slavewine. a bosk..."
milo slowly moves foward and opens his mouth
Franziskus Ninetails puts the candy on Milo's tongue, then ruffles over the short-cut hair with a warm smile. While holding the goblet in his other hand he then reaches the second candy to his own boy, holding it before his lips.
Franziskus Ninetails enjoys the now body-temperatured paga, the strong liquid burning down his throat. He relaxes a bit in the cushions, enjoying for a moment silence. [[coffee- and bathroom-break]]
River smiles at the slave behind his master and breaks off a piece of his candy and passes it to him.
milo cautiously looks between the masters after seeing his brother offer candy reaches for it
River gives the slave a little wink, and continues sucking on his own piece.
Zoe: "Now, what did you say you needed most?"
milo licks on his candy enjoying the flavor since his master does not allow his boys to have candy.
Franziskus Ninetails smiles as he recognizes the slaves sharing candy, turns back to Zoe: "So, by any coincidence you have candy to offer? We don't have much candy up in the north, but many slaves to be rewarded with a little treat"
Franziskus Ninetails takes another sip, very carefully to not get drunk, which would be bad for negotiations. He turns to his boy "Do you have the list of the things we need, mine?"
River: "Hmm, yes. I think so, my Master". He searches through the bag and with a triumphant grin waves a piece of parchment at him.
Franziskus Ninetails smiles as his boy found the list "Read it, mine. What do we need?"
River: "Ohh .. yes, my Master". He screws up his eyes and concentrates hard on the scribbled words. "Candy.... flour ..... yeast..." He pulls his fingers that are sticky from the candy from the parchment and adjusts his grip on it as he continues "....black wine beans.... did I say candy, my master?". He asks innocently, knowing that he did already but wanting to make sure their supply was replenished.
Franziskus Ninetails nods "You said candy, mine"
River: "So sorry, my Master", he looks back down at the list and smiles "Is that 'fish', my Master?". He points a sticky finger to a word on the parchment.
milo pops the remaining piece of candy into his mouth looking at his sticky hand give his hand a little shake. He looks around wondering what to do with his sticky hand now.
Zoe checks his list and frowns a little. "No, I have none of that in stock right now"
Franziskus Ninetails bends forward to look at the parchment, narrowing his eyes and trying to read. "Hmmm, could be anything, my lil sunshine. isn't it 'wheat'? I don't think we need FISH!"
River: "Ohh yes! Wheat!.... Can't make bread with fish, my master". He giggles and screws up his eyes again. "...yellow sugar.... red sugar...."
Franziskus Ninetails grins and ruffles his boy's hair "No, you can't..."
River: "...boats...." He frowns and stares at the parchment, he didnt remember his master saying they needed a boat.
Franziskus Ninetails: "Hmmm... acctually you could. Fish-bread? Fish marinaded in vinnegar for a while, then put it between a sliced..." - His eyes popp up "Boats?!?"
Zoe: "I'm all out of boats today, sad to say"
River blushes "I meant 'oats', my Master"
Franziskus Ninetails: "Ohhhh... oats!"
River shakes the parchment off his sticky fingers and tries to roll it back up. "That is the complete list, my Master". He bites his tongue between his teeth as he fights the parchment with his sticky fingers, totally oblivious to the frees watching him finally getting it back into a roll.
Franziskus Ninetails grins a bit as both slaves seem to have some problems with sticky fingers. "Maybe we should scratch candy from that list, hmmmm?"
River makes a tiny noise of protest "But.... my master,.... candy is a core food source!"
Zoe raises an eyebrow 'I thought gruel was all a slave needed!"
milo gives a soft 'Mmmmmm gruel"
Franziskus Ninetails chuckles "I don't think it is, mine"
River: "I was sure it was, my Master, but I bow to your knowledge and mastership over me"
Franziskus Ninetails looks at the other slave "What do you think... hm... how are you called?"
River - a small smile touches his lips
milo looks up "I am called milo, Master"
Franziskus Ninetails nods "Milo... so, you are fine with gruel, hm?"
River finishes off his candy and sucks his fingers clean
milo makes a quick look to his master then back "It is the only thing I know, Master"
Franziskus Ninetails nods to Milo then looks at his slave "See, my lil sunshine?".
River looks at the slave sadly, maybe that candy was the first he had had if he was only allowed gruel. He sighs sadly and lowers his head. "yes my master," he concedes as he realises how lucky he is that his master gives him broth and candy and not just gruel day in and day out.
Franziskus Ninetails takes a deep breath, returning to business: "Black wine beans are so hard to get these days. Maybe we should travel to Thentis one day and try to smuggle some by ourselves, Zoe?"
Zoe: "Oh yes, I have always wondered what the Thentis jails look like"
Franziskus Ninetails: "We can take some mercanaries with us.... But I think first we should send a spy"
Zoe: "Let's send Matteus. He's always looking for a quest"
milo still flailing hith his sticky hand wondering what to do with it. He finally discreetly begins to lick his fingers.
Franziskus Ninetails: "Ah, Matteus is now a slaver. He's busy with his slave-school, I think"
Zoe: "Well, he did like to collar every new boy that wandered nearby"
Franziskus Ninetails grins and nods "Yes, so it's the right position for him."
Zoe: "I can think of another good position for him"
River giggles slighly at the thought of the slaver as a slave himself.
Franziskus Ninetails finishes his goblet of paga. "Hmmmm, so could you see if you find some candy, Zoe? Then send me a messenger when you got one"
Zoe: "Oh, sure!"
Franziskus Ninetails: "And we can meet again to find a spy, who's willing to spy out Thentis for us"
Zoe: "Aye, sounds good!"
Franziskus Ninetails: "Oh, and some good solid chains!". He bites his lip to not tell Zoe about his activity as kurii-agent, however knowing it would be good to have some chains in reserve, as kurii would rip every rope easily. So he lies bluntly "You know... the saltwater sea-breeze up there in the north... chains rust so easily... "
Franziskus Ninetails reaches into his pouch again, pulling out another candy secretely. He reaches the empty goblet to Milo and puts still secretely the candy in his hands as the slave reaches for the goblet. Then he turns to his boy "Get dressed and take the bag, bring it to the sail-boat, mine. I'll follow soon"
River: "Yes, my Master"
milo feeling the candy taking the goblet smiles up to the Master
River quickly dresses and pulls the heavey backpack on to his back, staggering slightly under the weight.
Zoe: "Yes, well glad you could drop by! Safe journey back, my friend"
Franziskus Ninetails stands up and stretches and flexes, giving his boy a quick hug before he leaves.
River drops to his knees and presses his nose deep into his master's crotch inhaling him deeply. Then turned milo: "Fare well, brother. If you need some help anytime with your training please send a dove to my Master"
River: "Can I be shown the way to the dock, my master?"
Franziskus Ninetails nods "Milo, will you show my boy the way back to the docks?"
milo: "Yes, Master"
Franziskus Ninetails grabs his cloak and bow from the cushions
River: "Safe paths, Master"
Zoe: "Be well, boy"
Franziskus Ninetails smiles at Zoe "So, we will stay in contact. If you find what we are looking for, send a messenger. And I will try and find a spy for Thentis"
Zoe: "I will, my friend, I shall visit all my contacts and ask"
milo returns from the dock climbs on the porch and kneels.
Franziskus Ninetails smiles as Milo returns "You showed my boy the way to the docks? He's getting lost so easily...."
milo looks up to the Master "Yes Master, he is safely on the boat"
Zoe: "I hear the candy ruins the eyesight"
Franziskus Ninetails: "I never heard that. But it's not good for the teeth, I think. However... if they are nice and pleasing, they deserve a little treat from time to time."
Zoe: "Well they don't need teeth for gruel"
milo hearing gruel makes another "Mmmmmm good"
Franziskus Ninetails lowers his voice to a whisper "And I heard they would even suck better without teeth... but really, I prefer my slaves with their choppers intact"
Zoe chuckles "I'm usually more interested in the other end"
Franziskus Ninetails grins "Well, I like the combination. Allow them to lube the cock before they sit down on it"
Zoe: "Heh, yes now that works"
Franziskus Ninetails: "Well, it is time for me to leave. We keep in contact, will we?"
Zoe: "Yes. If i have any news, I will send milo"
Franziskus Ninetails opens his arms to offer his old friend a tight hug. He nods in the hug "Does he know the way?"
Zoe: "I should get a new map"
Franziskus Ninetails nods and pulls a map out his cloak, unscrolling it. He shows the route on the map, his fingers sliding over it "You sail up here... then there... then around here... and then you come to the Fjord.... travel east.... east part of the village... left to the main docks you will see a little stone bridge... and a house..... that's us! Hm.... big sign 'Trading Post' over the entrance. Hard to miss"
Zoe: "Ah good, that should be no problem to find"
Franziskus Ninetails looks at the horizon as the sun already close to it "Well, we should sail back before it's getting dark. Safe paths and be well, Zoe"
Zoe: "Be well, my friend!"
Franziskus Ninetails smiles to the boy "Nice to meet you, milo. Serve with fire"
Zoe: "I shall see you soon, I am sure"
milo bows his head to the master "Safe Paths Master"
Franziskus Ninetails raises his hand and waves as he turns towards the docks where his sailboat is tied and his boy is waiting for him.
Franziskus and his first boy sailed home to Kalana Fjord.

Epilogue: That night - River kneels down at his garden and takes out the small seedling, with great care he seperates the roots and digs a small hole. He pushes the green shoot in and carefully covers it in earth. He then goes over to the well and draws a pail of water, and waters it in. He stands back and smiles, happy with his pretty plant.



No comments: